Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Deep Winter or Deep Summer: a practical way to compare them
#1
I am trying to understand my undertone before ordering makeup samples, but my phone camera keeps changing the result. In a north-facing window my skin looks fairly neutral, yet the same photo taken later can look noticeably warmer. I removed filters and I am using the rear camera, although automatic white balance still seems to interfere. A plain grey top helps a little, but I cannot tell whether I am comparing colour or simply reacting to contrast. I use a plain wall behind me to reduce differences that have nothing to do with my skin. I want to keep the test simple so I can repeat it on another day instead of chasing a perfect single image. I plan to compare photos without editing rather than relying on a memory of how the first attempt looked. I found a skin undertone test camera guide while collecting ideas for a home comparison and plan to record the time, light, and the colours placed near my face. For anyone who has solved this problem which conditions should stay fixed before I compare the photos?
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Deep Winter or Deep Summer: a practical way to compare them - by Ameliaet - 09-26-2026, 10:34 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)